57 Methods To Get More Traffic To Your Blog
1. Leave comments on other people’s blogs with a
link back to your blogs / websites.
2. Add RSS feed, put on top on your blog and
encourage your blog readers subscribe to your
3. Start a blog and submit it to the 100’s of free
4. Optimize each page of your website for a
particular keyword or search phrase.
5. Write and submit articles to the article
6. Answer people’s questions on Yahoo Answers.
7. Add a “bookmark this site” link to your blog.
8. Create signature in forums that related to your
9. Install share-this plugin to you blog.
10. Manually submit your blog to the major search
11. Submit a press release to PRWeb.com.
12. Participate in a banner or link exchange
13. Advertise your blog in the free advertising
sites such as CraigsList.com, FreeAds.com and etc.
14. Use PPC search engine advertising such as
Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing or even
15. Submit testimonials to product/service owners
in return to get a backlink to your blog.
16. Make a custom 404 error page for your blog
redirecting people to your blog main page.
17. Submit video to videos sharing sites such as
YouTube.com, Google Video and many others.
18. Add a link back to your blogs in your email
signature, attach to all your out going emails to
everyone. It’s a free and easy way to get a little
19. Submit articles to ezine publishers sites.
20. Write a controversial review on other people
products and create a debate for it.
21. Give away a freebie ebook, report and e-course
to encourage people come and download (Of course
you can set up an opt-in form to build your list).
22. Submit your blog to any related niche
23. Create a software program and give it away for
24. Purchase misspellings or variations of your
25. Use a real traffic exchange or blogrush.
26. Buy an expire domain name related to your
niche that is already receiving traffic, forward
it to your site.
27. Giveaway away your business cards that printed
your blog site whenever you go out to meet
28. Create a free ebook and list in on the “free
29. Create an affiliate program and let your
affiliates send you visitors.
30. Start a page on social bookmarking sites such
as MySpace, Facebook, Friendster, Hi5.
31. Create a lens on Squidoo.com.
32. Conduct and publish surveys to your blog.
33. Work with a few joint venture partners to
promote your blog.
34. Create and send your own newsletter or ezine
to the subscribers.
35. Use an autoresponder or email marketing
software to email your blog readers on new
36. Purchase text link ads on other sites.
37. Ask for other blog or webmaster review your
products by sending a free copy of your product.
38. Sell or place classified ads on eBay with a
direct link to your blog (eBay allow a direct link
to your blog but not your product page).
39. Post free classified ads on your niche topic,
just google on your “keyword” free ads site.
40. Use 3 way links to automate your link exchange
with other related blogs / websites.
41. Manually look for blogs / websites that offer
42. Network with other people at seminars or other
live events, promote your blog and tell what’s
special about it.
43. Purchase advertising block in popular blogs,
newsletters or ezines.
44. Advertise your blog on other product’s “thank
45. Buy and use a memorable domain name, e.g.
46. Review other people blog posts and trackback
to the original post.
47. Create an Amazon profile, submit reviews for
books and other products that you have read.
48. Get referrals from similar but non-competing
blogs / sites.
49. Create and sell a product with resell or
giveaway rights and include a link back to your
50. Create an outstanding sticker and paste behind
your car’s windscreen.
51. Purchase wiki page in One Buck Wiki or create
your own wikipedia page.
52. Create podcast or videocast.
53. Interview other (outstanding) bloggers and ask
them to send traffic to your blogs.
54. Create blog theme and give it away for free.
55. Submit your listing to open directory like
56. Create a community in Facebook and promote to
all your facebook friends.
57. Use MyBlogLog to drive social traffic.
Steven Wong is a Blog Marketing Consultant,
Speaker, Trainer and Coach; stay in Subang Jaya,